BiO-LiFE Evening Primrose Oil & Fish Oil 500mg
Available to ship : 3 - 5 working days subject to stock availability
All prices inclusive of 6% GST
BiO-LiFE Evening Primrose Oil & Fish Oil is highly recommended for elderly people and those who are exposed to long term stress, poor diet and with high alcohol consumption. This is due to a decline in the ability to convert linoleic acid (LA) to GLA and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) to octadecatetraenoic acid, which are the rate limiting steps in omega-6 and omega-3 series pathways. Clinical studies demonstrate that a 4:1 ratio of Evening Primrose Oil oto Marine Fish Oil is the optimum ratio for the body.
|Each capsule contains:|
|Evening primrose oil|
equiv to gamma-linolenic-acid (GLA) 40mg
equiv to eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 18mg
equiv to docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 12mg
- Adult: For health maintenance, take two capsules three times daily with food for 12 weeks or as recommended by our nutritionist, then dosage may be reduced to one capsule twice daily.
- For patients with arthritis, osteoporosis, high cholesterol and hypertension, take three capsules up to three times daily with food for a maximum of 16 weeks.
- Children (6-12 yrs): For health maintenance, take one capsule twice daily with food.
- No signs of chronic toxicity or carcinogenicity have been found in laboratory testing.
- May cause headaches in sensitive individuals, especially those who are prone to headaches due to alcohol consumption.
- Fish Oil has been known to increase bleeding time (a beneficial effect for preventing CHD) and should be taken with caution with other blood thinning agents such as Warfarin, Ginkgo biloba and high doses of vitamin E.
- Certain people with poor fat digestion may feel nauseous when they start taking Evening Primrose Oil & Fish Oil capsules. It is best taken in divided doses throughout the day.
- Some people might experience minor rashes and pimples when they first start on THREE capsules of evening primrose oil daily but these tend to subside after 8-12 weeks of regular supplementation.
Overdosage: None known
Suitable for vegetarians.
ABOUT THE BRAND
BiO-LiFE Marketing is a growing healthcare subsidiary within Global Swiss Multinational (MNC) corporation DKSH Ltd, the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia.
BiO-LiFE with 25 years of experience and counting in the natural healthcare industry has a team that includes nutritionists, biochemists, food technologists and microbiologists. Since 1990 in Malaysia, BiO-LiFE has been synonymous with quality, safe and efficacious health supplements from Australia and United Kingdom.
A leader in natural healthcare & holistic therapies. BiO-LiFE name represents a range of nutritional supplements & herbal remedies based on scientific evidence & built on a strong foundation of QUALITY • SAFETY • EFFICACY. Working closely with nature, BiO-LiFE's products are specially formulated to meet the needs and expectations of today's modern lifestyle.