BiO-LIFE Glucosamine 500mg with Chondroitin Sulphate 400mg (90 x2)
Available to ship : 3 - 5 working days subject to stock availability
All prices inclusive of 6% GST
Glucosamine functions to normalise cartilage metabolism and helps to repair damaged or eroded cartilage. It stimulates the production of glycoaminoglycans (GAGs), proteoglycans and collagen in the joint cartilage matrix and synovial fluid, all of which are important to prevent the breakdown of cartilage.
Chondroitin sulphate is a cartilage component that promotes water retention and elasticity. Acting like a water magnet, it absorbs water into connective tissue and provides shock absorption. Chondroitin is the most abundant GAGs in the articular cartilage. At the same time, it can also inhibit the enzymes in cartilage breakdown.
BiO-LiFE Glucosamine 500mg with Chondroitin Sulphate 400mg is formulated based on the dosage used in Glucosamine/Chondroitin Arthritis Intervention Trial (GAIT) in 2006. The combination of glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate in the trial conducted over a period of 6 months demonstrated effectiveness in treating moderate to severe osteoarthritis knee pain compared to Non-Steroidal Anti-Infalmmatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
|Each tablet contains:|
Chondroitin sulphate sodium
(equiv to chondroitin sulphate 400mg)
Osteoarthritis, also called degenerative joint disease is caused by the break down of cartilage which is the connective tissue that cushions the ends of bones within the joint. As the cartilage breaks down, it loses its ability to cushion the bones resulting pain.
Glucosamine and Chondroitin sulphate are both substances used in the treatment of osteoarthritis. They are naturally found in and around the cell of cartilage. Glucosamine is an amino sugar that the body produces and distributes in cartilage and other connective tissues for building the cartilage. Chondroitin sulphate is a complex carbohydrate that helps cartilage retain water.
The combined dose of glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate used in BiO-LiFE Glucosamine with Chondroitin tablets are based on doses largely studied by the United States National Institute of Health.
- Light to moderate: One tablet twice daily, 15 minutes before meals for at least 6 weeks (or according to medical prescription).
- Severe orthoarthritis symptoms: One tablet three times daily, 15 minutes before meals for at least 8 weeks
- Follow-up therapy: Maintenance therapy should be followed for 3-4 months (or according to medical prescription) by administration of one tablet twice daily, 15 minutes before meals. The treatment should be repeated every other 6 months or less according to medical prescription.
- Contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to glucosamine/shellfish allergy
- Those with type 2 diabetes adn those who have problems with glucose tolerance should have their blood sugards carefully monitored if they use glucosamine
- Not to be taken by pregnant and lactating mothers
Source of glucosamine: Shellfish derived
Source of Chondroitin: Bovine derived, not marine
ABOUT THE BRAND
BiO-LiFE Marketing is a growing healthcare subsidiary within Global Swiss Multinational (MNC) corporation DKSH Ltd, the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia.
BiO-LiFE with 25 years of experience and counting in the natural healthcare industry has a team that includes nutritionists, biochemists, food technologists and microbiologists. Since 1990 in Malaysia, BiO-LiFE has been synonymous with quality, safe and efficacious health supplements from Australia and United Kingdom.
A leader in natural healthcare & holistic therapies. BiO-LiFE name represents a range of nutritional supplements & herbal remedies based on scientific evidence & built on a strong foundation of QUALITY • SAFETY • EFFICACY. Working closely with nature, BiO-LiFE's products are specially formulated to meet the needs and expectations of today's modern lifestyle.