BiO-LiFE Red Yeast Rice
BiO-LiFE Red Yeast Rice provides natural red yeast rice extract which is derived from a fermentation process of red yeast rice. It has been traditionally used for general health maintenance.
Red Yeast Rice extract contains monacolins that lower cholesterol and promote healthy serum lipid levels by inhibiting activity of the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase (enzyme responsible for cholesterol production). Monacolin 1 (Lovastatin), which appears to be the principal bioactive substance in red yeast rice, is known to lower plasma total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), the total cholesterol/HDL-C ratio and the LDL-C/HDL-C ratio and may also produce a modest increase in HDL-cholesterol. It has also been used for improving blood circulation.
|Each capsule contains:|
|Red Yeast (Monascus purpureus) Rice Extract||480mg|
Adult: Take one capsule daily with food
- Contraindicated for those who are hypersensitive to any component of red yeast rice-containing products, pregnant mothers, women of child bearing age who are likely to conceive, those with active liver disease and those with unexplained aminotransferace (transaminase) elevations
- All of the warnings, precautions and interactions of pharmaceutical lovastatin apply to red yeast rice since the principal bioactive substance in red yeast rice is the same
- The use of red yeast rice for the management of hyperlipidemia must be medically supervised. Those taking medication for cholesterol control should seek medical advice before using
- Those with past history of liver disease, those taking warfarin and those who routinely consume alcohol should exercise caution
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking this supplement. Concurrent use of lovastatin and grapefruit juice may result in increased bioavailability of lovastatin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product of Malaysia
ABOUT THE BRAND
BiO-LiFE Marketing is a growing healthcare subsidiary within Global Swiss Multinational (MNC) corporation DKSH Ltd, the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia.
BiO-LiFE with 25 years of experience and counting in the natural healthcare industry has a team that includes nutritionists, biochemists, food technologists and microbiologists. Since 1990 in Malaysia, BiO-LiFE has been synonymous with quality, safe and efficacious health supplements from Australia and United Kingdom.
A leader in natural healthcare & holistic therapies. BiO-LiFE name represents a range of nutritional supplements & herbal remedies based on scientific evidence & built on a strong foundation of QUALITY • SAFETY • EFFICACY. Working closely with nature, BiO-LiFE's products are specially formulated to meet the needs and expectations of today's modern lifestyle
Expiry date: 3.2021