Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil 1000
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil 1000 is a rich, natural source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA). These important omega-6 fatty acids can only be produced in the body in small amounts and must largely be obtained from the diet. This supplement is beneficial for the health and wellbeing of women.
- Omega-6 fatty acids and substances made from them, are components of nerve cells, all cell membranes and hormone-like substances known as prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins have multiple local hormone-like actions, which include regulation of tissue inflammation. Conditions that involve inflammation, such as eczema, may benefit from supplementation with omega-6 fatty acids.
- Low levels of GLA have been found in women with premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Essential fatty acid deficiency can lead to an excess of the female hormone prolactin which is responsible for many of the symptoms of PMS. Supplementing with EPO increases a prostaglandin known as PGE1, which may help in women's health and wellbeing.
|Active ingredients per capsule|
|Evening primrose oil (EPO)|
|Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)|
|Linoleic acid (LA)|
No added salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Adults – Take 1 to 3 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare practitioner
About The Brand – BLACKMORES
Started in Queensland, Australia in the 1930s, BLACKMORES improves peoples’ lives by delivering the world’s best natural health solutions, to become peoples’ first choice in healthcare. For over 80 years BLACKMORES has combined scientific evidence with traditional knowledge to offer people a more natural approach to health.
As Australia’s leading natural health brand, BLACKMORES' products are developed by a highly experienced and dedicated team of formulators including naturopaths, chemists, scientists and product development pharmacists.
BLACKMORES experts use the highest quality ingredients from around the world and made to exacting requirements under the international Pharmaceutical Inspection Convention and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme (PIC/s) standards of good manufacturing practice (GMP).
Trust has to be earned not bought and we recognise that consumers put their trust in us when it comes to their health.
Please take note that the waiting time for Backorder items is around 1-3 weeks from the date of payment, subject to stock availability. For orders outside Malaysia, there might be a shipment delay especially during peak holiday seasons. We will try our best to expedite all orders but in any cases that Backorder is cancelled, full cash/credit refund will be given. We sincerely appreciate your kind understanding and patience.