Blackmores Flaxseed Oil
Available to ship : 5 - 8 working days subject to stock availability.
All prices inclusive of 6% GST
A natural source of beneficial vegetarian omega-3 fatty acids. Suitable for vegetarians. In particular, it is a rich source of omega-3 containing 60% omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid. The most common sources of omega-3 are fish and eggs, therefore vegetarians are often at risk of having low levels of omega-3 in their diet.
- Omega-3, -6 and -9 are the types of fatty acids found in flaxseed oil. Omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid and omega-6 linoleic acids are essential as the body cannot synthesize these. It is important for good health to get the right balance of these fatty acids.
- Most diets are high in omega-6 (mainly from cooking oils like canola, sunflower, safflower and corn oils) and lower in omega-3. Generally people need to increase their intake of omega-3 fatty acids. The common sources of omega-3 are fish and eggs. Vegetarians are particularly at risk of having low levels of omega-3 in their diets.
- Essential fatty acids help to maintain the structural integrity of cell membranes and are beneficial to cell structure. A deficiency in the essential fatty acids (EFAs) can lead to dryness, scaling and redness of the skin.
|Active ingredients per capsule|
|Linseed oil (Flaxseed oil)|
(containing Linolenic acid 600mg)
No added salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Adults - Take 1 to 2 capsules 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- Not recommended in pregnancy and lactation
About The Brand – BLACKMORES
Started in Queensland, Australia in the 1930s, BLACKMORES improves peoples’ lives by delivering the world’s best natural health solutions, to become peoples’ first choice in healthcare. For over 80 years BLACKMORES has combined scientific evidence with traditional knowledge to offer people a more natural approach to health.
As Australia’s leading natural health brand, BLACKMORES' products are developed by a highly experienced and dedicated team of formulators including naturopaths, chemists, scientists and product development pharmacists.
BLACKMORES experts use the highest quality ingredients from around the world and made to exacting requirements under the international Pharmaceutical Inspection Convention and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme (PIC/s) standards of good manufacturing practice (GMP).
Trust has to be earned not bought and we recognise that consumers put their trust in us when it comes to their health.