Backorder -- Blackmores Milk Thistle
Blackmores Milk Thistle is traditionally used as a liver tonic. It provides the equivalent of 7 g of milk thistle, standardized to contain 84 mg of flavanolignans in each tablet. This product is ideal for people wishing to promote liver health.
- The major action of milk thistle is on the liver. The major functions of the liver include the production of bile, filtration of the blood and removal of bacteria, and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fats and many other compounds used by the body. It also metabolizes drugs and detoxifies numerous ingested substances such as alcohol and nicotine, as well as toxins produced by the body.
- Milk thistle supports normal liver function and has a protective effect on cell membranes due to its strong antioxidant and free radical scavenging action, due to the action of the active constituents in milk thistle which are a complex of flavanolignans collectively called silymarin.
- Silymarin can inhibit the factors that can cause liver damage, as well as stimulating the replacement of old and damaged cells with new liver cells.
- Silymarin increases the capacity of the liver to detoxify, by increasing glutathione levels in the liver. Glutathione, an important antioxidant compound, is responsible for detoxifying a wide range of drugs, hormones and chemicals in the liver.
|Active ingredients per tablet|
|Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) extract|
|Equiv. to dry fruit|
(standardised to contain flavanolignans 84 mg)
No added salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Adults – Take 1 tablet 3 times a day before meals, or as professionally prescribed
Children under 12 years – As professionally prescribed
Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day whilst using this product
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
About The Brand – BLACKMORES
Started in Queensland, Australia in the 1930s, BLACKMORES improves peoples’ lives by delivering the world’s best natural health solutions, to become peoples’ first choice in healthcare. For over 80 years BLACKMORES has combined scientific evidence with traditional knowledge to offer people a more natural approach to health.
As Australia’s leading natural health brand, BLACKMORES' products are developed by a highly experienced and dedicated team of formulators including naturopaths, chemists, scientists and product development pharmacists.
BLACKMORES experts use the highest quality ingredients from around the world and made to exacting requirements under the international Pharmaceutical Inspection Convention and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme (PIC/s) standards of good manufacturing practice (GMP).
Trust has to be earned not bought and we recognise that consumers put their trust in us when it comes to their health.
Please take note that the waiting time for Backorder items is around 1-3 weeks from the date of payment, subject to stock availability. For orders outside Malaysia, there might be a shipment delay especially during peak holiday seasons. We will try our best to expedite all orders but in any cases that Backorder is cancelled, full cash/credit refund will be given. We sincerely appreciate your kind understanding and patience.