Matahari Organic Sweet Apricot Kernel (150g)
Estimated Arrival : 9.5.2017
Available to ship : 2 - 4 working days subject to stock availability.
All prices inclusive of 6% GST
Organic Sweet Apricot Kernel
The apricot kernel (Prunus armeniaca) is the soft part inside the seed of the apricot. It is said to be a good source of iron, potassium and phosphorus, and one of the best sources of vitamin B17 (also known as amygdalin and found in the seeds of fruits such as peaches, plums and apples). Also called "apricot almonds" or "bitter almonds", apricot kernels originated in Armenia and are also native to Northern China, the Himalayan region and parts of Asia.
Health Benefits of Sweet Apricot Kernel
- Contains Vitamin B17 (Amygdalin) which claimed to help in the prevention of cancer.
- Lower high blood pressure due to the Vitamin B17 content.
- Possess anti-inflammatory properties – help to reduce arthritis symptoms and reduce pain associated with arthritis.
- Strengthen immune system.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas
- Add chopped sweet apricot kernels to healthy sautéed vegetables.
- Sprinkle chopped sweet apricot kernels on top of mixed green salads.
- Add chopped sweet apricot kernels to your favorite hot or cold cereal.
- Add chopped sweet apricot kernels to your oatmeal raisin cookie or granola recipe.